Each member can have their own page on the wiki too! You can post a picture of yourself, link to your project pages, and tell everyone what skills you have in case someone needs help with their projects. In order to add a member page to this wiki simply follow the steps below.
Take a look at similar pages in the members category page of the wiki to see the list of other member pages.
- Copy this text (three hyphens on top, three periods on bottom all aligned to the very left of the page):
title: Your Page Title
- Type in the page you want it to be in a new tab or browser window so that it’s /members/yourNameOrNickname.
- Example: https://wiki.melbournemakerspace.org/members/ramgarden - make sure to replace “ramgarden” with whatever name or nickname you go by.
- It will show that page doesn’t exist but “You may create the page by clicking here.” Click on that “clicking here” link to create it.
- Paste in that text you copied in step 1 into the top of your page. Change “Your Page Title” to the title you want to show as the title. Usually this is the same name or nick name you picked for the URL.
- Change toc: true if you want it to show a table of contents links at the top for a page with lots of sections and headers.
- Create the rest of your page with sections and images to make it as you want!
- Type in a simple description for your changes in the little text box at the bottom such as “initial creation” or “fixed some typos”.
- Save your changes and you’re done!