In order to add any new page to this wiki simply follow the steps below.
Note: To create a page in a subfolder for organizing purposes such as /projects or /members, just make sure the URL you navigate to in step 2 has the /projects or /members folder before your page. Take a look at similar pages in similar folders in the All Pages section of the wiki to see the names of the other folders.
- Copy this text (three hyphens on top, three periods on bottom all aligned to the very left of the page):
title: Your Page Title
categories: the category this page should be listed in
- Type in the page you want it to be in a new tab or browser window so that it’s either just /yourpagename or if in a folder then /subfolder/yourpagename.
- Example: https://wiki.melbournemakerspace.org/subfolder/yourpagename - make sure to replace “subfolder” with whatever subfolder you want it to go into such as /events/ for events and /members/ for members, etc. Also change “yourpagename” to the file name you want to use in URL links to your page such as “pythonclass” for a python class or “telepresencerobot” for a project page about your robot.
- It will show that page doesn’t exist but “You may create the page by clicking here.” Click on that “clicking here” link to create it.
- Paste in that text you copied in step 1 into the top of your page. Change “Your Page Title” to the title you want to show as the title.
- Change toc: true if you want it to show a table of contents links at the top for a page with lots of sections and headers.
- Set the categories to an existing category or a new category you want to create so it will show up in the list of pages in the same category.
- Create the rest of your page with sections and images to best explain it as you want!
- Type in a simple description for your changes in the little text box at the bottom such as “initial creation” or “fixed some typos”.
- Save your changes and you’re done!