To quickly create a project page in the “projects” category and in the /projects folder for organizational purposes follow these steps:
- Copy this text (three hyphens on top, three periods on bottom all aligned to the very left of the page):
title: Your Project Title
- Type in the page you want it to be in a new tab or browser window so that it’s always /projects/yourprojectname.
- Example: https://wiki.melbournemakerspace.org/projects/sumobot (if your project was about a sumo bot.)
- It will show that page doesn’t exist but “You may create the page by clicking here.” Click on that “clicking here” link to create it.
- Paste in that text you copied in step 1 into the top of your page. Change “Your Project Title” to the title you want to show as the title.
- Change toc: true if you want it to show a table of contents links at the top for a project with lots of sections and headers.
- Leave the categories set to projects so it will show up in the list of pages in the projects category.
- Create the rest of your project page with sections and images to best explain it as you want!
- Type in a description of your changes in the small text box at the bottom such as “initial creation” or “fixed some typos”.
- Save your changes and you’re done!